CT / CAT Scan
UCI is pleased to announce the recent installation of the SOMATOM Perspective 128 CT scanner from Siemens Medical Solutions at both the Oaks and Suntree locations. The SOMATOM Perspective offers the ability to extend the range of available examinations to our patients at a 60% reduced radiation dose providing maximum care for our patients.
CT Imaging is:
- one of the best tools for studying the chest and abdomen because it provides detailed, cross-sectional views of all types of tissue
- it's the approved tool used for screenings such as Calcium Scoring and Lung Cancer.
- often the preferred method for diagnosing many different cancers, including lung, liver and pancreatic cancer, since the image allows a physician to confirm the presence of a tumor and measure its size, precise location and the extent of the tumor's involvement with other nearby tissue.
- invaluable in diagnosing and treating spinal problems and injuries to the hands, feet and other skeletal structures because it can clearly show even very small bones as well as surrounding tissues such as muscle and blood vessels.
- an examination that plays a significant role in the detection, diagnosis and treatment of vascular diseases that can lead to stroke, kidney failure or even death.
Some CT studies require a contrast agent to enhance the pictures that are taken of your body. You will receive special instructions if your exam requires you to consume an oral contrast agent (barium sulfate) in advance. Certain studies may require you to have an IV Contrast (iodine injection).
Please notify a member of UCI's staff if there is a chance you may be pregnant!
Save time! To help expedite check in at your appointment, we now offer online Patient Registration.